Follow these steps to configure a Standard or Advanced mailbox in Outlook 2007.
Please consult the server details you have been supplied for your exact POP3 and SMTP server settings.
- Open Outlook 2007, click Tools in the top menu, then click E-mail Accounts.
- Select Add a new e-mail account, then click the Next button.
- Select POP3 from the list of available server types, then click Next
- Enter your name in the Your Name text-box and your email address in the E-mail Address text-box.
- Enter your full email address in the User Name text-box and your mailbox password in the Password text-box.
- In the Incoming mail server (POP3) text-box, enter your POP3 mailserver - e.g. mail.yourdomain.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text-box, enter mail.yourdomain.com again
Configure SMTP authentication
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected, then click the OK button.
- Click the Advanced tab
- Change the SMTP Server Port to 587
Test your account
- Click the Test Account Settings button and correct any errors that it identifies.
Note: Outlook's Test Account Settings procedure occasionally fails even if the account settings are correct. If it repeatedly fails and you are certain that the account settings are correct, skip to step 2, then test your setup by sending an email to yourself.
- When the test gives you the message Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click the Next button, then click the Finish button.